Something about the band

My blog is devoted to the band - The White Stripes. I'm going to put there some information and titbits about the band. Why just this subject?

I wanted to create blog about something I'm interested in and, at the same time, about something what isn't very popular or run-of-the-mill. In the same way as Jack White - the vocalist - I like thinking outside the box and overcoming limits. Additionally I like this band very much. It's captivated me with its sound since the beginning. I also admire the band for its creativity because it made incredible songs with very simple instruments.

Mentioned Jack White with his ex-wife Meg White formed one of the best and the most recognisable band at the beginning of 21st century - The White Stripes. The band was founded by The Whites in 1997 with Jack (songwriter, vocals, guitar, piano, and mandolin) and Meg (drums and vocals). Their music includes different styles from folk and blues to alternative rock.

The band comes from Detroit but is known all over the world. Probably everyone has heard the best white stripes' song - 'Seven Nation Army' which is on the list of the best rock songs ever. I've met this band by that song which I love in fact. Its style has also charmed me, not only by its music, but for example by the characteristic colours: white, red and black. The White Stripes ignored music fashions and liked making experiments and crossing the borders. All of these took place thanks to Jack, who I perceive as a very good leader, and his strong personality.

Unfortunately the band stopped its activity in 2011.




Komentarze

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty